Your Personal Information
Some sections of this web site invite you to request publications and information about legal and policy topics and events or to contact us with comments and enquiries. If you do so we will normally keep your e-mail address and other details supplied by you on a database. The database is accessible only by The London Institute of Space Policy and Law (“ISPL”). We will not disclose any personal information you provide by means of this web site to third parties unconnected with ISPL without your consent, except to our data processors or as otherwise permitted by the relevant data protection legislation.
Addresses, e-mail addresses and other personal details supplied by means of this website will be used for the purposes for which you supply them or as stated on the relevant section of this web site. In some cases they may also be used for statistical analysis.
In order to enable you to keep browsing efficiently, and to ensure that any information you enter is remembered, ISPL uses “session cookies” on this web site. For example, these cookies allow you to complete more than one form on the site without re-entering your details and to change your personal details easily. They remain in the cookie file in your browser during the session but some are erased when you close your browser and others in two weeks. Most browsers can be set to reject cookies.
Certain parts of this site link to external Internet sites, and other external Internet sites may link to this website. ISPL is not responsible for the content of any external Internet sites.
Linking to this Site
You may link to this site provided you link to our top level page and you do so in a way which indicates the link is to the London Institute of Space Policy and Law home page, is fair and not misleading. You may not display the contents of any of this site in a frame surrounded by other material not originated by us.
All rights, including copyright and database rights, of the content of these web pages are owned or controlled by ISPL.
You are permitted to view, copy, and print documents within this website subject to your agreement that:
You will not modify the documents or graphics in any form or manner;
You will not copy or distribute graphics separately from their accompanying text and you will not quote materials out of their context;
Your use of the material is for your own personal information, and for non-commercial purposes only;
Any copies of the material made for a permitted purpose will include an acknowledgement that copyright belongs to ISPL; and
You are not permitted to copy the design elements, look and feel, or layout of this website.
No part of the ISPL website or any material appearing on the site, may be reproduced, stored in or transmitted on any other website or medium without the prior written permission of ISPL. Requests to republish any material may be sent to ISPL at: Info@space-institute.org.
ISPL is a registered charity and an independent teaching and research institute committed to supporting high standards of scholarship in all aspects of international space policy and law. The views expressed at its events and in its publications are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ISPL.
ISLP accepts no liability in relation to the use of this site, as provided in Clause (1) of the Terms and Conditions of use.
Terms and Conditions
In accessing ISPL’s web pages, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you are not in agreement, you must terminate your use of this site forthwith.
Terms and Conditions
(1) Any use of this site and its contents is for your own personal use. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the contents of this site, no representations are made and none are to be implied as to the accuracy of the site or its contents. Accordingly and in any event, you must not rely upon this site or its contents in (a) determining any course of conduct or (b) in advising any third party as to their rights or the conduct of any matter (whether litigious or non-litigious) in which you are or may become involved. Your attention is particularly drawn to clause (5) below.
(2) Except as expressly permitted by ISPL either via this website or in writing, you will not copy, reproduce, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these ISPL web pages for any other purpose whatsoever. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this site or use it for any other purpose than for your personal use in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
(3) Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions that take effect on the date which you first use the site. ISPL reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
(4) This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to ISPL, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
(5) Without prejudice to any provision of these Terms and Conditions, in no event will ISPL be liable for any losses, expenses, costs or damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, arising from or connected with your use of this site or its contents, whether in contract or tort or otherwise howsoever arising. ISPL does not warrant that the functions contained in the material comprising this site will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs. Further, ISPL does not represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials comprising this site. The names, images and logos identifying ISPL or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of ISPL or those third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark or patent of ISPL or any other third party to use any of the information, copyright, trade marks or patents otherwise than in strict compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
(7) If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
(8) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.